- Game Mode
- Yes, synced with the Survival Server
- World Map
Connecting to the DBN Tekkit Server
IMPORTANT: The Forestry mod is required in order to join. See instructions below on how to install the mod.
Connecting to the Tekkit server is remarkably easy given there's a handy launcher that's provided by the Technic team. This launcher will grab all the mods for you and install them in a separate and contained instance of Minecraft. What this means is your normal Minecraft installation won't be touched. There's also the single player Technic mod pack you can play that's available from the launcher, but for the sake of this tutorial, we'll stick with Tekkit.
Connecting using the Launcher
- 1. To download the launcher, simply go to http://www.technicpack.net/launcher and click on the download that matches your system.
- 2. After downloading the launcher, open the launcher. In the upper left-hand corner, there's a dropdown box. Choose Tekkit from the list.
- 3. Log in as normal and allow the launcher to download the necessary files.
- 4. Once you log in, quit out of Minecraft.
- 5. Since the Forestry Mod is no longer included by default, you'll need to download it and put it in your Tekkit installation. Failure to do so will prevent you from connecting to the server.
- 6. Download the client for the mod: forestry-client-A-220.127.116.11_bc2.2.jar
- 7. Place the downloaded jar file in the mods folder of the Tekkit installation. Locations of this folder are listed below.
- 8. Relaunch Tekkit and connect to the server at the address: mcraft.dbnservers.net:25566
Location of the mods folder
- On the keyboard, press the Windows + R keys.
- In the Run dialog, enter:
- Open a new finder window
- On the keyboard, press the Command + Shift + G keys.
- In the Go to Folder dialog, enter:
- The folder location is listed below. If you are using Linux, I trust you know how to get there.
Cannot Connect to Minecraft.net
UPDATE: A recent fix from the Tekkit Team appears to have solved this issue.
This message comes up occasionally for me. Odds are that the authentication servers are not down and the Technic Launcher is simply derping. There are two fixes to this issue:
- Close and reopen the launcher until it works.
- Delete the lastlogin file from the .techniclauncher folder. You'll need to re-enter your credentials if you've had the saved. This method has never failed for me. (See the above folder links for the mods folder. Basically remove everything after the techniclauncher bit and you'll get to this folder).
Tekkit introduces a lot of mods to Minecraft and with it a ridiculous amount of new blocks and items. My personal suggestion to those new to Tekkit is to start out small and work your way up. Start with one mod (Buildcraft and Industrial Craft are easiest to start with) and learn how it works. You'll soon discover that these mods can work with one another (Buildcraft and Forestry are very powerful when working together). Over time you'll become more comfortable with each of the mods.
Wikis and Guides
- The Tekkit Wiki
- Buildcraft Wiki
- Industrial Craft Wiki
- Equivalent Exchange Wiki
- Forestry Wiki
- RedPower2 Recipe List
- Railcraft Wiki
Direwolf20 has a great channel that includes several Let's Plays and also some tutorials and mod spotlights. Watch some of his videos to get an idea of what's possible with these mods.
Duncan of the Yogscast has a great Tekkit series. Parts 1-3 are more of a mod spolight. Parts 4 and onwards is set up more like a Let's Play series.